Thursday, February 23, 2012
Very long and kinda boring...
... so prepare your self. So anyway we had to pick up Danny's family cause his mom doesn't like driving to downtown in the dark. So when we got there, Danny and I tried the secret way. But it was locked, so we went in the main entrance. Matt was already there, getting the incense ready. I asked him if he had anything for me to do. He said I could ring the bells and be cross bearer. Danny came in and called acolyte. Matt called acolyte as well. Reverend Jason was there, and called M.C and thurifer. Then another guy came in. He and Matt went in the sanctuary to talk stuff over. When they came back in he asked Daniel (Danny) if he wanted to light the candles with him . Danny agreed and asked the guy his name. The guy's name was Nathan. Nice guy =). So Matt decided that he would take thurifer, Reverend Jason would be M.C, Danny and Nathan would be acolytes and I would ring the bells and be cross bearer . But Nathan thought since he was older then Danny (FYI, the eldest candle bearer has to ring the bells), he was going to ring the bells. But Matt said when we used to do it at the other church the cross bearer has to ring the bells. Well, I'm outta time. Stay tuned.
Labels:
Sacristy tales
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment