Monday, February 6, 2012

Newer sacristy tale

I had to serve the 8:00 mass this morning. When I got there, Miss Paula and the pastor were waiting for me. The pastor said that mass would be a little different today; so we went over some instructions, then I vested, then I lit the candles. Miss Paula thought she hadn't put in enough hosts in the ciborium, so she asked me to count how many people there were, I counted eighteen or so but someone came in at the last second but I counted her. I told Miss Paula "eighteen", she said she had put twenty-five hosts in the ciborium, so that was good. But then when I wasn't looking, another  few people came in so there were about twenty-two people in the congregation. But there were enough hosts for everybody! At the end of mass I was helping the sacristans put everything away; so we stayed for a while. At the end of mass, Mom asked the pastor if I could serve a funeral mass for my Dad's old friend, the pastor told us there were already two servers but they could always use a third =). stay tuned. P.S the reason I had to serve the 8:00 was because Miss Paula had to go to work

No comments:

Post a Comment