O.K, I hope your eyes don't get dry after reading this cause it's going to be pretty long. Well, I expected to be the first one there, but Ryan and Jake had come early since they had gotten an excuse for getting out of school.
Ryan: 3 servers on a funeral!
Me: I asked the pastor yesterday, if I could serve cause it's an old friend of my Dad's. And he said we could always use 3 servers
Jake: this is my second time, serving a funeral.
Ryan: Fourth! I've served more funerals then any one in school
Me: My first.
The pastor(coming in): Hello Jake, Ryan, Xavier! Glad you showed up today (he starts giving us instructions)
Me: Do you want Jake and me to do the candles at the gospel?
The pastor: Yes. Jake, start burning the charcoal.
Me: Jake, you want me to do the charcoal?
Jake: Wha?
Me: When you light the charcoal, it always goes off crazy!
Jake: I'll try not to put to much in
Me (looking shocked as our old pastor, Fr. Carl comes in): Hey!
Fr. Carl: Do I know you?
Me: Yes sir.
Fr. Carl: You're Xav!
Me: Yes sir
Fr. Carl: You look different then last time, you're much taller then last time and an altar server!
Me: Yep.
It was a pretty good mass but when Ryan led the procession outside, it was cold! When you're wearing an alb and you're like doing a Eucharistic procession, it's cold. Trust me. Stay tuned
-X-MAN
No comments:
Post a Comment