Saturday, March 10, 2012

Today's sacristy tale

This morning, I'd tricked Dad into going at the usual time cause benediction starts at 7:40. But the pastor starts it at 7:50. So pretty much Deacon Jack and I were talking the whole time =) .

Deacon Jack: Good morning Xavier.
Me: Hello.
Me(while Deacon Jack was getting his alb on): A new Baseball season will soon be upon us.
Deacon Jack: Yes.
Me: Guess where my family is going in the middle of the month?
Deacon Jack: Where?
Me: Sarasota!
Deacon Jack: Really?
Me: Ya. And besides, Dad says that's the best way to get autographs.
Deacon Jack: Oh yeah. he's right. Did the idea just pop into your dad's head?
Me: No. My mom's cousin lives in Sarasota. But she really lives in New York. She's the one th-*
Deacon Jack: Yeah, you told me about that.
Me: But anyway, for the last two months by e-mail she's been saying "get over here now! It's awesome here!
Deacon Jack. Ha! Ha!

Miss Paula comes in for a while and then she leaves.

Deacon Jack: So what are you bringing to get autographed?
Me: I dunno! Maybe a couple of Baseballs that we brought for fanfest**
Deacon Jack: Once I gave my sons a whole box of Baseball cards, and all those cards are now autographed.
Me: Once I read a book about a boy who lives in Kentucky. And his dad, just gambles like an idiot! He's always losing money. And then one day the kid realizes that he can go back in time with Baseball cards and get autographs from famous players and his dad had a lot more money.
Deacon Jack: Huh. When I was in high school, me and my friends put up this huge poster of Roberto Clemente. And then we took out every single article in the paper about him out. And put it on the poster.

Dat's dat. Stay tuned.

*Last summer my mom's cousin gave us tickets that she couldn't use so she gave them to us.
** Fanfest is something the O's do for their fans at the begining  of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment