Thursday, March 1, 2012
Newer sacristy tale
This morning we had to pick up Danny's family, again. So we were heading for the entrance when Danny suddenly yanked the kitchen door (FWI the kitchen door has no handle it was just open half way)! So we went in that way. So we went upstairs where we got ready. Matt told us it would be a little different today since Nathan wasn't coming. So Reverend Jason would be M.C, Matt would be thurifer/cross bearer and Danny and I would be candle bearers. Since Danny was the oldest candle bearer he would ring the bells (since the thurifer has to incense the blessed sacrament when the priest elevates it). But during the "domine non sum dingus ( lord i am not worthy), Father Ernest was saying it so quietly, Danny couldn't hear him! I asked him why he did not ring the bells. He said "wait, he was saying domine non sum dingus? I didn't hear him!" Stay tuned, especially you Marty ;). You're not going to be there tomorrow, right?
Labels:
Sacristy tales
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No, sadly not.
ReplyDelete