Monday, June 11, 2012

Sacristy tale #2 of 2. Eucharistic Procession

When I got there, the 12 P.M mass was at the preface or somewhere around there. The four other altar servers serving the 12 P.M mass were going to be in the procession. The other server besides me was in the pew. During the cannon, I was scared to go in the church because I didn't want to interrupt mass. Then my friend, Ezra, showed up he got his alb on. During the Angus Dei, Ezra and I snuck into the church and went to the altar sever pew. We didn't receive communion since we already did that morning. Exposition started, and we snuck back to the sacristy with the other servers. Before the procession, The Pastor gave us instructions. Ezra and I got jobs that were better than last year, bell ringers! Last year we were boat boys. lol. One of the servers had the job of holding a binder for The Pastor and holding a bull horn. You know, like on of the those freaky megaphone things. When The Pastor turned it on, we heard, WEEE OOO WEEE OOO WEEE OOO! lol. In the procession, we had to stop some places to incense the blessed sacrament. Now a lot'a African-Americans lived on those streets, and I remembered one time we had a Eucharistic Procession, we were walking by this construction site and one of the workers was yelling something at us. Nothing good, I thought. On the way to the place we were processing to, they had  water coolers at a couple "checkpoints" since it was a hot day. I didn't take any water at the beginning and I was sweating. I was next to the flower girls, and asked them if they had any water. No. And I thought No! I'm gonna die in 15 minutes! But thanks to the water stops, I felt great, but then again it's really hard to open up a water bottle and ring bells at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment