Thursday, November 22, 2012
Thanksgiving sacristy tale
First sacristy tale in two months! So I got there early, Father Michael was getting his chasuble ready. I looked at the calender on the wall that says what color to wear that day. The calender said red but I thought, nah. Let's just go with white. And it was the right color =). Fr. Raymond came in and Fr. Michael and I heard a lot of rustling near the back door. Fr. Michael walked back to open the door but Fr. Raymond was already going through the hallway. There was a lot of traffic on the way here," he said. "WHAT?!" How could there be a lot of traffic today?!" He was kidding. Then Deacon Jack came in and then Fr. Joe. Then I was surprised to see a girl about 14 walk in. At first I thought she was in the choir and had to get some music, but I saw her put an alb on and I was like what? I thought I was the only server. And then another girl about my age walked in. And Fr. Raymond said that I would be cross, and the two girls would be candles (sorry. Acolytes. They don't have candles). And I guess that's it.
Labels:
Sacristy tales
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment