This morning our home-school group had our monthly TLM. I was serving with Will and Fr. Jason celebrated. We had the mass at the small chapel I've been mentioning. So when I got there, I set up the credence table, you know, put the patten the table, the lavabo dish the cruets... The was the weirdest one. I walk downstairs to get the cruets out of the refrigerator (yes, they keep the cruets in the refrigerator), and Will was walking in. I said hi to him and went to the kitchen to get the cruets. That's when things got weird. I open the refrigerator and look on the shelf where they're supposed to be. They weren't there. So I look on the in the door. There they are. I take them out and realize... THE CRUETS ARE FROZEN!!! Well the water was. There was a huge ice cube in it. Paul was looking over my shoulder and walked outside the kitchen to tell my mom, her friend Mr. Jerry, and the sacristan Ms. Theresa. So Mr. Jerry came in and put some water in the cruet. Not hot water. The cruet would break! So I take the cruets upstairs put them on the credence table, walk back in the sacristy and tell Will. "Don't tell Father," I told him. During mass when Fr. Jason took the cruet from Will to fill the chalice, he gave the cruet an odd look. And during the lavabo, I dribbled the water onto Fr. Jason's hands. But everything worked out fine. After mass he asked us and I told him. And I told him about the time I served for Fr. Michael and I did the lavabo for him. This is what he said.
"Wash me, O Lord from my iniquity. And cleanse me from my sins. Boy, that water's cold."
Ms. Theresa told me how the cruets got into the freezer. The chapel also does Novus Ordo masses. And the altar boy told Ms. Theresa that he couldn't find any room for them on the shelf so he put them in the door. He didn't say the freezer door.
No comments:
Post a Comment